Youth Peer Specialist, Children’s Services
Certified Peer Specialist - Youth Peer
The youth peer specialist is an individual who has personal experience with children's mental health and who is willing to share his/her personal experiences
• Must be in recovery from a diagnosed mental illness
• Must be open minded and willing to share your recovery story publicly
• At least 18 years old.
• Must have effective communication skills, both written and oral.
• Must have a clear understanding of recovery from mental illness.
• Must have the ability to work with individuals or groups.
• Must have the ability to serve as a role model, showing by example that recovery is possible.
High school diploma, computer literacy skills, and an AL driver's license.