Certified Peer Specialist
Certified Peer Specialist; Dallas, Perry, and Wilcox counties
Full and Part Time
Cahaba Center is hiring! We are looking for individuals with lived experience of a mental illness to join our team as Certified Peer Specialists. No related job experience is required.
• High School Diploma or GED.
• Motor vehicle • Valid Alabama driver's license and driving record acceptable to agency automobile insurance carrier for inclusion on agency policy.
• Must attain Certification upon hire.
• Must demonstrate lived experience with Mental illness and be a role model to others pursuing recovery.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Have the ability to use the power and potential of your own recovery story as a tool to educate and inspire peers and non-peer staff.
• Must be a good role model and be in active recovery for their own mental illness.
• Have the ability to convey a message of hope and recovery for people with psychiatric disabilities.
• Have the ability to complete basic documentation requirements regarding work activities and have basic computer literacy skills.